Wednesday 22 June 2011

Poll Results: Villains we sympathise with

A little while back I posted a series on villains we sympathise with (See Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4), well the voting has finally closed and the results are in.


  In order of votes:

John Willoughby (Sense and Sensibility) - 22 votes (73%)
  
Guy of Gisbourne (Robin Hood BBC) - 12 votes (40%)
 
Carver Doone (Lorna Doone) - 6 votes (20%)

Henry Crawford (Mansfield Park) - 6 votes (20%)

Mr Elton (Emma) - 3 votes (10%)

Lady Catherine de Bourgh (Pride & Prejudice) - 3 votes (10%)

Mr Preston (Wives & Daughters) - 2 votes (6%)

Mr Elliot (Persuasion) - 2 votes (6%)

John Thorpe (Northanger Abbey) - 1 votes (3%)

Morris Townsend (Washington Square) - 1 votes (3%)

* voters were able to select more than one answer

I am so impressed with the results, and I am so glad that I am not the only one who sympathises with these villains (especially Willoughby and Gizzy). Thank you to everyone who voted and the next poll (along with an accompanying post) will be up very shortly.


With Much Love,

Mel xx

ps. sorry for the absence of images in this post, at the moment the images just wont load for me :(

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I always feel like Willoughby was not trying to be bad. He had a the very great possibility of being the hero.

Guy of Gisborne... I think I just need to write a blog post about him to figure him out! LOL! :)

Melody said...

Hmm...I don't think I really sympathize with any of them. :P Mr. Willoughby really WANTS people to be sympathatic, but that makes me all the more disgusted with him. haha....

Interesting poll! I'm losing inspiration for polls these days...

Mel said...

Elizabeth, I absolutely agree! Willoughby really was an almost-hero, how sad!
Guy is hard but I really do feel for him because as much as I love Marian she does play him and he really does love her underneath it all. I think it would be great if you wrote a post on him :)


Melody, I think I sympathise with Willoughby because he actually takes responsibilty for his actions he knows that it is his fault that he doesn't have Marianne. And thats fine that you don't sympathise with any of them :)

I know what you mean about polls, I let this poll run for ages just so that I could think of a new one. I am hoping no one has done it :)